The 2S in 5S activities stand for “Set in Order”. It is the second step in the 5S methodology, which is a system for organizing and improving the workplace. The Set in Order step involves arranging items in a logical and efficient manner.
During the Set in Order step, the following actions are taken:
- Identify the optimal location for each item – Determine the best location for each item based on how often it is used and its function.
- Group like items together – Group similar items together to make them easier to find and use.
- Label and identify storage locations – Label shelves, cabinets, and storage containers to make it clear where items should be stored.
- Create a flow pattern – Establish a flow pattern that minimizes the movement of people and materials and reduces the risk of accidents.
The goal of the Set in Order step is to create an organized and efficient workspace that maximizes productivity and minimizes waste. By arranging items in a logical and efficient manner, it is easier to find and access the items that are needed, which can save time and improve productivity.
“2S” Audit requirement
The 2S audit is a way to measure the effectiveness of the “Set in Order” step in the 5S methodology. It involves reviewing the workspace to ensure that items are organized in a way that promotes efficiency, safety, and productivity.
To conduct a 2S audit, the following steps can be taken:
- Review the placement of items – Take a walk around the workspace and ensure that items are placed in the optimal location based on how often they are used and their function.
- Check for grouping of like items – Look for items that should be grouped together but are not.
- Verify the labeling and identification of storage locations – Ensure that shelves, cabinets, and storage containers are clearly labeled and that it is clear where items should be stored.
- Evaluate the flow pattern – Evaluate the flow pattern to ensure that it is efficient and minimizes the movement of people and materials.
- Make recommendations – Based on the findings of the audit, make recommendations for improvements to the organization of the workspace.
The 2S audit is important because it helps to ensure that the workspace remains organized in a way that promotes efficiency, safety, and productivity. By conducting regular audits, it is possible to identify and address any issues with the organization of the workspace before they become more significant problems.
2S (Set in Order) Audit Start ↓ :-