Toolbox Talk Meeting (TBT) or 3Q Meeting
Toolbox is a safety talk before starting the job where all officers, workers and supervisors attend daily and they discuss about the normal safety awareness, Hazards and its control measures.
Toolbox talk is also known as 3Q meeting. 3Q means described or it consist with the three questions which are the backbones of TBT and it will always be discussed during every toolbox meeting for job safety which are:
- What is the job with consist of its activities?
- What are the potential hazard & risk at workplace?
- What are the precautions & control measures should take?
It is a talk before starting the duty/ Job at workplace however job is small/ big or its valid permit to work (PTW) required or not. Always toolbox meeting is requiring conducting at the safe workplace with specific manner: –
- Know your job.
- Be specific about the job safety.
- Make eye contact with everyone.
- Don’t be a robot take open question meeting.
- Always refer related HIRA / JSA during TBT.
- Asses and talk team mental and health condition related to the job.
- Share safety incidents and its learning.
- Conduct TBT before starting the work at safe place.
- Communicate emergency contact no. & first box location.
- Emergency exit during emergency.
- TBT Meeting should be record.
- Summarize the meeting before ending.
A specific person who is an expert in related subject, job or topic can give better toolbox talk meeting, but anyone can take a TBT meeting it delivers a big massage in a little time.
“Gather round, it’s time to chat,
About the work we do and all of that.
We’ll take a moment, before we start,
To make sure we’re safe, and play our part.
We’ll talk about hazards, and risks we see,
And find ways to make our workplace, injury-free.
We’ll share our knowledge, and our ideas too,
And learn from each other, to see things anew.
We’ll talk about PPE, and how to wear it right,
To protect our eyes, ears, and body, day and night.
We’ll talk about tools, and how to use them well,
To prevent any harm, and avoid any spell.
We’ll discuss our tasks, and the steps we’ll take,
To make sure we’re doing things, for safety’s sake.
For in this moment, we’ll make a pledge,
To work together, and never hedge.
So let’s have a toolbox talk, and keep safe and sound,
And work together, to keep our workplace, injury-free and profound. ” (By: Mr. O.P Arya)