Full list of IS code for PPEs and safety equipment’s :
Personal protective equipment definition :
Personal protecting Equipment, usually cited as “PPE”, is equipment worn to attenuate exposure to hazards that cause serious work injuries and diseases. These injuries and diseases could result from contact with chemical, tomography, physical, electrical, mechanical, or different work hazards.
Personal protecting equipment’s like gloves, safety glasses and shoes, earplugs or muffs, hard hats, respirators and full body suits.
What will be done to confirm correct use of non-common protecting equipment?
All personal protecting equipment ought to be safely designed and created and may be maintained in a very clean and reliable fashion. It ought to work well, encouraging employee use. If the non-common protecting equipment doesn’t work properly, it will create the distinction between being safely coated or perilously exposed. once engineering, work follow, and body controls aren’t possible or don’t give decent protection, employers should give personal protecting equipment to their staff and guarantee its correct use. Employers also are needed to coach every employee needed to use personal protecting equipment to know:
- When it’s necessary?
- What kind is important?
- How to properly place it on, adjust, wear and take it off?
- What limitations of the instrumentation?
- How Proper care, maintenance, helpful life, and disposal of the PPEs?
If PPE is to be used, a PPE program ought to be enforced. This program ought to address the hazards present; the choice, maintenance, and use of PPE; the coaching of employees; and watching of the program to confirm its in progress effectiveness.
IS (Indian Standard) Codes for PPEs and Safety equipment :
- IS code of Safety Belt and Full body Harness – IS 3521: 1999
- IS Code for Industrial safety helmet – IS 2925: 1984
- IS Code for Safety helmet of two wheelers riders – IS 4151: 2015
- IS Code for Safety Shoes – IS 1989: 1986
- IS Code for Safety gloves “leather and cotton” – IS 6994: 1973
- IS Code for Safety rubber gloves “Electrical purpose” – IS 4770: 1991
- IS Code for Breathing apparatus – IS Code 10245
- IS Code for Respiratory Protective Devices against particles (mask) – IS 9473:2002
- IS Code for Rubber boots – IS 3738: 1998
- IS Code for Eye, face and ear protection – IS 8520: 1977
- IS Code for Ear plugs – IS 9167: 1979
- IS Code for First aid Kit– IS 13115: 1991
- IS Code for Chemical protective clothing – IS 15071:2002
- IS Code for Portable fire extinguishers – IS 15683: 2006
- IS Code for Hi-visibility reflective jacket – IS 15809:2019